Frequently Asked Questions
Check the various answers to FAQ. More about how to use 24alife solution can be found in User Guide.
General technical questions
- Why can't I login to 24alife with Facebook, G-mail or other account?
Currently, the solution does not support login by accounts of social networks.
- Are 24alife application purchases available anywhere else than on the App Store and Play Store web markets?
No, all 24alife application purchases are only available on the App Store and Play Store web markets, in accordance with their policy.
- Which HR monitor belt can I use?
It depends on which operating system you are using. Android: The Android operating system supports Polar Wearlink+. Android 4.3 with Bluetooth 4.0 support connects to all devices with smart Bluetooth (tested with Polar H7, Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Strap, Mio heart rate monitor wristband). iPhone: The iOS operating system supports Polar H7.
- How do I put on the HR belt?
It is important to correctly put on the belt and moisten it before putting it on. Moisten your index finger pad with water or saliva and cover it over the sensor's back, which comes in contact with skin and increases conductivity. The proper procedure is described in the manufacturer's instructions that you received with the belt.
- How do I connect the HR belt to the application?
Put on the HR belt as described in the previous answer. After that connect HR belt and application using a Bluetooth connection. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone. Start the 24alife application and touch the menu button (or slide right on the screen). Open the settings by touching the word "Settings" and choose the "HR Sensor" in the menu. Your smartphone will automatically start searching for supported gadgets around you (where should also be your HR belt). Find your belt on the list and select it. If your smartphone asks for a pairing code, enter the standard code: 0000.
- My HR belt stopped working – why?
It might have to do something with bad conductivity and the HR monitor stopped perceiving your heart-beat (repeat the procedure of putting the HR belt on). Other possibility is it ran out of the battery. To replace them check the manufacturer instructions.
- Who can see the data collected in the 24alife application and portal?
- I cannot see my workout in the history anymore. Was it deleted?
If you tracked and synchronized the data to the portal, it is saved there. We recommend a regular synchronization of your smartphone with 24alife portal.
- I put in the max heart rate manually, but I think the application doesn't consider it. What should I do?
The app should consider manually input max heart rate. If you feel like it doesn't, please, contact our technical support.
- I have a check-up at the doctors tomorrow. Which data that is saved in the app can I submit for the check-up proposes?
You can show all history on your mobile phone or portal to your doctor. The doctor himself will tell you which data he needs.
- Why would my application provide inaccurate data about distance, altitude and speed?
Distance, altitude and speed are provided by GPS or Global Positioning System. GPS tracking accuracy is dependent on many factors, including: bad weather conditions, high objects (mountains, buildings) around your workout path, low GPS signal strength and low quality of the GPS receiver on your smartphone. Due to all these factors an ideal tracking of your workout can't be ensured.
- What can I do to improve the GPS data reception on my iPhone?
Try to carry your phone in your outer pocket or in your hand to make sure it can receive the strongest signal possible and don't use a metal case for your smartphone. Keep it away from any metal or magnetic objects.
- What can I do to improve the GPS data reception on my Android smartphone?
Try to carry your phone in your outer pocket or in your hand to make sure it can receive the strongest signal possible. Don't use a metal case for your smartphone and keep it away from any metal or magnetic objects. If you really want to improve the accuracy of your GPS tracking, you can change your location settings and allow your smartphone to receive location data from nearby networks. Please note that additional fees may apply in case of network location data gathering, while using your provider's mobile data plan.
- How do I sign in to the 24alife portal?
To sign in to the 24alife portal you have to click the "Login" button in the upper right corner of your screen. Into the field "E-mail address" put your e-mail address you used to register to the 24alife (if you didn't register yet, click "Join"). Into the field "Password" enter the password you chose while registering. In case you forgot the password, click on the "I forgot my password" and follow the instructions.
- I don't know whether to click "Sign In" or "Register" to register on the portal.
If you don't have the 24alife user account yet, click "Register" and follow the instructions. If you already have a user account, click "Sign In" and follow the instructions.
- How do I transfer my data from the mobile app on the portal or the other way around?
To transfer data from the mobile app to the portal open app and choose "Account" in "Settings" and click "Sync data" button. The cloud displays transferring data from the mobile app to the portal or the other way around. Because a large amount of data can be transmited, we encourage you to be connected to the WiFi network during synchronization.
- I installed the application to my smartphone. How can I sign in on my smartphone?
If you just downloaded the app, it would show the login screen right after the tutorial. Into the field "E-mail address" put your e-mail address you used to register to the 24alife (if you didn't register yet, click "Join"). Into the field "Password" enter the password you chose while registering. In case you forgot the password, click on the "I forgot my password" and follow the instructions.
- I don't know whether to click "Join" or "Login" to register on my smartphone.
If you don't have the 24alife user account yet, click "Join" and follow the instructions. If you already have a user account, enter your username and password and click "Login".
- What kind of an operating system should my phone have if I want to use the 24alife app?
Currently, mobile phones with Android 4.0.3 (or newer) and 8.0 (or newer) iOS operating system are supported.
- Can the app on my smartphone also be used by my partner, family member or anyone else?
It can be used by more people, but we recommend for everyone to create their own 24alife user accounts even if they don't have their own smartphones.
- I have deleted the app from my smartphone by mistake. What now?
Download the application to your smartphone again, login with your user data, and synchronize it.
- How do I transfer my data from the mobile app on the portal or the other way around?
To transfer data from the mobile app to the portal choose "Account" in "Settings" and click "Sync data" button. The cloud displays transferring data from the mobile app to the portal or the other way around. Because a large amount of data can be transmited, we encourage you to be connected to the WiFi network during synchronization.
- Where do I set up my application to join »Live Session«?
To use the »Live Session« feature you need to be a member of the 24alife Fitness solution (ask about it in your local fitness center or your personal trainer) and you need to have the "Live tracking" feature turned on in the application settings.
"Live Session" is used the same way as every activity you wish to track. On the home screen of the application press the "+" button, then press "Start Activity" and after that press the button on the top right of the screen that shows the last activity you tracked. A list of activity types opens up and on the top of the list there is an activity type called "Live session". The application will ask about a 4-digit connection code that is provided to you by the trainer leading the Live Session. You enter the code, the application will confirm the connection and then you just wait for the trainer to tell you to start with the activity.
- I regularly work out with my personal trainer and in Live Sessions. Which trainer should I assign to myself?
As members of the fitness, you do not assign trainers yourself, but you do receive a conformation e-mail telling you which fitness trainer was assigned to you personally by your fitness center. You can learn more about this in your fitness center.
- If I change my personal trainer, will everything still function the same as before?
Yes. No matter which trainer is assigned to you, the application will still function the same as before.
- Can I use the messaging system in the 24alife Fitness application to send messages to my daughter, wife or to my workplace?
No, this messaging system is intended for communication between the trainer and his client.
- Who can read these messages?
Messages can be read only by you and your personal trainer. If the trainer creates a group chat, all members of that group can read the messages.
- My trainer says that he assigned a workout to my calendar, but I didn't get it on my mobile phone – why?
Before the workout can be seen in the 24alife application on your smartphone it needs to be synchronized with the web portal. If you synchronized your application but still can't see the workout on your calendar, please contact our technical support.