2nd International Symposium – Healthy Life Style between Myth and Reality was held on May 15th and 16th in Domus Medica, Dunajska cesta 162, Ljubljana, Slovenia. Event was organized in cooperation with the Medical Chamber of Slovenia and partners from the University Medical Center Ljubljana, University Medical Center Maribor, and Department of Family Medicine (Faculty of Medicine Ljubljana).
2nd International Symposium – Healthy Life Style between Myth and Reality was including the following lecture sets:
- Tracking the Parameters of Life Style
- Healthy Aging
- Strengthening Health for Health Professionals
- Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes
- Psychology of Life Style
Symposium's participants had a great opportunity to listen to leading foreign and domestic experts, who represented physiological, kinesiological, and work parameters from the field of holistic stress treatment, which can also be monitored, measured, and noticed with adequate information-sensor support and lead the user to neutralize active risks with appropriately prescribed preventive and physical activities.
Lectures were intended for health professionals and all who are interested in this topic or come up against life style, stress, and workload problems.
Physical exercise for successful aging
Influence of Physical activity on Cognitive abilities in old ages
The Why and What of sport activities for seniorsLectures in video
Download abstract bookThe idea of holistic approach towards healthy living and lifestyle changes based on a firm scientific background was born in Slovenia and every year more and more eminent guests decide to partake in the lively discussions and lectur
- Issa Amin, Ph.D.Creating the Right Health and Lifestyle Application
- Nada Rotovnik Kozjek, Ph. D., M. D.Nutrition and Physical Activity
- John Eisenach, M.D.The Psychological and Physiological Effects of Acute Occupational Stress in New Resident Physicians: Implications for Corporate Wellness Programs
- Andrej Janež, M.D., Ph.D.Metabolic Improvement and Reduction of Severe Hypoglycemia After an Out-patient Education Program for Functional Insulin Therapy in Adult Type 1 Diabetic Patients
- Bruce D. Johnson, Ph.D.Can Long-term Excessive Endurance Exercise Induce Adverse Cardiovascular Outcomes
- Matthew M. Clark, Ph.D., L.P.Resiliency for the Employee: the Mayo Clinic Approach