The Third International Healthy Lifestyle Symposium (HLS) took place on April 9th and 10th 2015 in Domus Medica, Ljubljana, focusing on lifestyle-tracking for health, strength and longevity for work productivity and sick leave prevention. Partners of the two-day event intended for entrepreneurs, employees, health and health prevention professionals, were Development Centre Information – Communication Technologies Savinja Žalec and Medical Chamber of Slovenia.
The program focused on active health prevention on a personal level and from employer's perspective and included the following topics:
- Reasons for active health prevention of employees
- Aging workers in a working environment
- Leadership and human resource management
- Tracking health for health professionals
- Diabetic workers
- Tracking lifestyle
Participants of the international symposium got the chance to listen to lectures of numerous domestic and foreign professionals, among them experts from American Mayo clinic and creators of the healthy and active lifestyle solution 24alife. They presented how companies could take care of health prevention and thus achieve better working success of employees by encouraging a more active lifestyle and by following health parameters of their employees.
Metoda Dodič Fikfak, UKC Ljubljana;
Sick Leave and Presenteeism Case Presentation
Samo Fakin, Health Insurance Institute of Slovenia
Financial Effects on Sick-Leave Prevention
Karmen Nahtigal, Novem Car Interior Design
Introduction of Preventive Measures for the Formation of Bone and Muscle Disorders in Workplaces of Manual Sanding and PolishingLectures in video
Download abstract bookAll lectures from Symposium are available in the Abstract Book. Find out more about researches and showcases, presented at the International HLS.
- Maria Wonisch, MBA2013 Best Workplace Health Practices for Employees with Chronic Illnesses awarded by the European Network for Workplace Health Promotion
- Robert Scales, Ph.D.Exercise is Preventive Medicine: Adding Years to Life and Life to Years
- Paul Jimenéz, Ph.D.The Role of Leadership in Engagement at the Workplace
- Alojz Ihan, Ph.D.Presentation of the Pilot Study Results of the Medical Chamber of Slovenia
- John M. Miles, M.D.Treating Type 2 Diabetes with Cardiovascular Outcomes in Mind
- Vojko Strojnik, Ph.D.Physical Activity of employees